Pages

Friday, June 03, 2011

Lacrimosa (1)

I was sitting on a green park bench when a bird landed next to me. It looked at me for a while, then it flew away.
The street in front of me was empty as the sun sets. The street lamps which were lined up behind me turned on automatically, reflecting my shadow to the pavement. There was nothing but trees and street lamps on the other side, and there was nothing behind me, either.
Suddenly I could hear something like an engine. I turned to the sound source and saw a black Bugatti Veyron heading towards me. I stood up and touched my hair as it stopped in front of me.
The door flew open and a man walked out. He had blonde hair and was wearing a black suit. He was handsome in a dark way. He pulled down his black jacket he was wearing to tidy it up.
"Come, my lady..." he said. "Your wish is my command..."
I smiled as I walked to him and got in.. He opened the door on the other side and sat down next to me.
•••
He drove me to a dark street of the town. He stopped in front of a black door and turned off the headlights. He then opened the door and walked out of the car. He walked to my door and opened it, then he smiled and gave out his hand. I took his hand and got out of the car. He held my hand tight as we walked to the door.
"Come," I said as I pulled him and walked to the door. He followed me and looked at the door.
I opened the door and saw an old man with white hair. He had a bowl of chips in his lap and a brown pipe in his mouth.
"Father," I said. "This is Albert."
The man looked at me for a while, then he turned to the man standing next to me.
"You..." he said. "What's your name again..."
"Albert, sir," he said. "Albert Pruss..."
He stood up and rubbed his eyes as he faintly walked to him. He then stopped and looked at him from head to toe.
"Hm..." he said. "You've finally brought home someone decent..."
I smiled and looked at him. My father has been rejecting every man I brought home.
"But..."
I froze. he looked at him for a while, then he rubbed his head.
"What's your name again?"
"Albert Pruss, sir."
He looked at me for a while, then he looked back at Albert.
"Did we ever meet somewhere?"
"No, sir."
He looked at him again for a while, then he sighed and looked away.
"No, I know you."
He looked at me sadly, then he gave us a sign to go away.. I sighed and took his hand, then we left.
•••
"I'm sorry..."
"No, that's alright," he said. "Don't mind about it..."
I looked at him, but then he was smiling. He took my hand firmly and leaned down to me.
"I know," he said. "Let's go somewhere interesting."

No comments:

Post a Comment