Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Lacrimosa (2)

The evening wind blew, sweeping away the autumn leaves. The sunset coloured the sky, painting it with red and orange.
I walked along the rock pavement on the hill. There were trees on my sides, from the Cicas genus. There were a few birds flying above me.
Suddenly my hat was blown by the wind. I ran to get it, but it flew faster than my steps.
And it went dark.
•••
I struggled to open my eyes and the sunlight quickly pierced into my eyes. I rubbed my eyes and sat up.
"Morning, my lady..."
I quickly turned my head and saw the silhouette of a man. he was holding a mug with a cigarette in his mouth. He was wearing a black suit and a red tie.
"Did you sleep well last night?"
I didn't answer as I could hear he walked up to me. He sat down next to me and touched my leg, which was covered by a white blanket. He touched my hair and smiled.
"Looks like you did," he said as he stood up. "That's good."
He smiled to me, then he opened the door and walked out.
"I'll be back by lunch," he said. "Then I'll stay here until the day ends..."
He then closed the door carefully from outside.
CLICK
•••
Water rained over me as I sat on the cold marble floor. The water was cold but I didn't care. I stood up and turned off the faucet, then I walked out of the shower booth and wore a white bathrobe hung behind the door.
I opened the door and stepped out, and I could feel my feet touched a soft material. I found myself in a big room painted in yellow, and sunlight got in trough a round window. There was a table made of rosewood below the table, with a vase full with blue irises.
"My lady..."
I turned back and noticed Albert was closing the door. He was holding some shopping bags, then he put down the bags and smiled to me.
"Sorry, I took so long," he said. "I bouht some things for you."
He took out something from a bag, then I could clearly saw it - a red coat with floral ornaments.
"I bought this, but I can buy another one for you if you don't like it," he said. "What do you think?"
I walked to him, then I took the coat and smiled.
"It's pretty," I said. "Thanks..."
"It's yours, then," he said. He then smiled and messed my hair.
"Let's go cut your hair," he said. "it's a bit messy..."
•••
The young hairdresser combed my hair with a black comb. She them smiled and walked away.
Albert walked to me as he clapped his hands. He smiled and leaned down next to me.
"Great," she said. "You look great."
I stood up from the blue stool, then he touched my hair.
"Shall we leave?"

No comments:

Post a Comment