Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

4

Mustang sighed as he sat down on the floor.
"Why..." Hawkeye sighed. "We only get to settle a HQ underground..." she said.
Armstrong smiled. "But it's better than nothing," he said. "And we have Lieutenant Fuery with us as well..."
Fuery sighed. "But radio signals will have some trouble reaching this place," he said. "Because this place is so isolated and all..."
Armstrong slammed down his fist to the ground. A blue flash appeared for a moment, then it turned dark again.
"Well..." he said as he stood up again, next to his brand-new mini radio tower. "Will this help?"
Fuery's mouth fell open. "Will it really work, Armstrong?" Mustang asked. "I sure hope so, sir," Armstrong said.
"Now, you see..." he said. "Just ask anything you need and we can make it for you."
He put his hands on his waist. "This is the art of alchemy!" he shouted.
Everyone looked at him for a while. Armstrong smiled and bowed down. "Anything else?" he asked.
Mustang sighed. "Well, start by making a phone..." He paused. "And stop shouting. You're drawing attention."
"And what about Edward?" Hawkeye asked. "If he's no longer with us..."
"Don't worry," Mustang said. "I know someone who will help."
•••
Winry looked out of the window from the second storey of her shop as she wore a brown jacket and buttoned it up.
"Man," she said with a sigh. "This is bad."
She turned back to her wooden room and walked to a wooden table. "Seems like there's no getting out of the town..."
RIIIINGGG
She looked back to the corner of the room to find her phone on a small box ringing.
"Who is it?" she asked as she walked to it and picked up the phone.
"Hello? With Winry here," she greeted.
"Ah, Winry," Hawkeye said. "It's me..."
Winry's eyes widened. "Colonel!" she exclaimed. "Are you alright?"
Hawkeye smiled. "I'm alright, but I can't move much," she said. "You're alright, too?"
"Ah, yes," Winry said. "I'm a bit worried about you guys..."
"We're alright, don't worry," Hawkeye said. "However..."
"What are you doing! Give me the phone!"
"General, shut up!
"You're wasting time, colonel!"
Winry stood there as she held the phone. "What! Give me the phone!" Mustang shouted. "I'll talk! I'll talk!" Hawkeye shouted. "What! I will! I will!" Mustang shouted. "Do you know how to talk to a girl about this!" Hawkeye shouted.
CLICK
"Hey! give it back! give it back!" Hawkeye shouted. "AH, damn! Shut up will you!" Mustang shouted.
"Hey, hey..." WInry said with a sigh.
"Sorry, Winry!" Mustang apologized. "I had a little riot with the colonel here..."
"Colonel Hawkeye, please calm down..." Armstrong said. Hawkeye sighed and sat on the cold rock floor.
"But I guess it's settled now," Mustang said as he smiled. Hawkeye looked at him for a while, then she sighed. Winry smiled in relief. "Did you say you want to walk about something, general?" she asked. Mustang rubbed his head. "Actually, I do..." he said. "Then speak it up," she said. Mustang sighed and looked at Armstrong. He nodded and leaned to Mustang. "Sir, talk about it slow," he whispered. Mustang sighed again. "I sure hope for a good reaction," he said. "I'm sure she will give one," Armstrong said.
Mustang took a deep breath. "If you don't mind," he said. "This is about those Germans..."
Winry sighed. "I don't mind, go ahead," she said. Mustang smiled. "I always know you're a good girl," he said. "And however..."
"You want my help?" Winry asked. Mustang sighed. "You're sharp," he said. SHe smiled. "Why, thank you," she said. "And I really hope you can help us," Mustang said. "Why, of course I will!" she said.
"Well, I really am expecting your help..." he said. "Because this is about Fullmetal."
Her eyes grew wide. Mustang quickly read her mind. "Look, Winry, I'm really sorry," Mustang said. "No, I'm alright, general," she said as she felt some tears on her face. "I'm just..."
CLICK
"Hello, WInry?'
There was no answer. "Winry?" Mustang asked again.
There was still no answer.
Mustang's eyes grew wide and he felt cold sweat on his forehead.
"Hello?"
•••
"It went surprising well..."
Ed looked out of the window at the Amestris soldiers marching out of the town. "Right, Edward?' Mengele asked. Edward looked back and nodded. "Yes, doc," he said. Mengele sighed. "Come on, not that face," he said. "You should look a bit more cheerful..."
Ed smiled. "I know, doc. I just feel kinda tired," he said. "I think I'll go take a rest..."
Ed turned and walked away. "See you, doctor," he said.
Ed opened the door as Mengele watched him. "I'll come tomorrow in the morning..."
Mengele smiled. "Don't be late," he said. "Of course I won't," Ed said as he opened the door.
•••
The next day
Ed walked into the room he left the day before. But nobody was there, there was only him.
RIINNGGGG!!!
Ed looked at the phone. It still rang loudly and the whole phone was shaking. Ed walked to it and picked it up.
"The doctor is out for a while," he said. "Please wait for a..."
"hey, Edward," Mengele said. "It's me."
Ed was stunned. "Yes, doc?" he asked. Mengele smiled. "Guess what?' he asked. "I've got something for you."
Ed didn't say anything. "You see the bookshelf on the right?" Mengele asked. Ed looked to the right and nodded. "Yes, sir," Ed said. "Take the book 'elixir' and then walk straight," Mengele said.
"Excuse me?"
Mengele smirked. "Just do it," he said, then he hung up.
ed put down the phone and turned to the bookshelf. "Elixir..." he said as she strolled through the shelf. He looked up and saw a red book.
ELIXIR
Ed sighed. "That one?" he asked. "I can't reach that height..." he grunted. He looked around the room and saw a wooden stool on the corner.
"Now," he said as he walked to it. "Whoever sits on this, I hope he doesn't mind."
He took the stool and put it in front of the bookshelf. "Elixir..." he murmured. "Where is it..."
he took the book and threw it down. He hopped down from the stool and put the book on the table. "Now, what does he mean by walk straight..."
Suddenly Ed heard a screech. he looked back at the shelf and found it moving.
"Hey..." he said. "Don't joke..."
The shelf moved back until it formed a small hole on the wall. Ed walked to it slowly and looked into it.
"It's dark..." he said. "Is this what he meant by walk straight?"
Ed walked slowly to into it. "Just straight, so I'm not going to need any help..." he said.
•••
"I bet he's coming now..."
Mengele looked at his watch with satisfication. "Now let's just wait for the player," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment